Wednesday, June 25, 2014

My Creative Space...



I know I shared my scrapbooking room a few years ago, but I don't think I ever updated with any photos after the kitchen cupboards and sink was installed... so here's a complete up-to-date share (as in I just took the pics a few minutes ago).

I tidied it up a bit, but there still is a great need for some major purging...



This is the Wizard's Hangout, a place where I create and where I hold my papercrafting workshops.

It is my own private studio above our 3 car garage, with its own entrance from the garage for workshop attendees, and also from the upper floor of my home.

It is approximately 700 sq. ft. and currently I have one 5ft. table, three 6 ft. tables, and one 8 ft. table permanently set up and ready for classes.

A friend of mine bought me 6 black leather chairs from Staples for a house warming gift after we built the house and moved in... how lucky am I?!!!  They are so comfy and completely awesome.



Anyways, here's pics of my room...











Mostly just CTMH paper and CTMH cardstock storage, with various punches on top.

The white container holds my CTMH buttons, twine, and embroidery floss.




This is a bit of a hodge podge of stuff, but mostly I have my CTMH pattern books, embellishments and re-inkers, glitter, Coluzzle, pieces of white cardstock scraps, and some miscellaneous tools.

On top there are ribbons and paper flowers, plus a bunch of stuff that I need to go through.




This is my photo printer area... on top I have my wireless printer and printer papers in various sizes.

In the cubbies I have old photos waiting to be scrapbooked, including school photos of my kids that I need to scrap too.  The rest is mostly tools, and extra adhesive, and some patterns/instructions I have printed out over the years that I keep in page protectors all in zipped binders.


On the next shelf over, I have my Cuttlebug and my Cricut Expression.  My mats, dies, cartridges are all stored below, along with some of my tote bags.

And the all important tv in the corner, where I can watch old VHS, and DVD movies while I craft away so I don't feel lonely.  It isn't hooked up to satellite, so I just keep a bunch of chick-flicks (and some action adventure) stored in here.  lol





These shelves hold a bunch of my old SU stamps and papers, with my handmade cards sorted into bins on top.

Down further I have my mini albums and regular scrapbooking albums stored in the cubbies.  And on top I have 3 piles of layouts I've created: ones completely done and ready to be placed into albums, ones that are bare of photos, and the other pile is specifically from our trip to Disney World last summer.




This is my little "kitchen" area.  No cooking facilities, but a mini fridge and a single sink for cleaning up paintbrushes, ect.  It is perfect for workshops.

Right now I have a ton of stuff sitting there that needs to go.  I recently went through all my almost 9 years of cards I made and pulled anything I don't want and put them into "freebie" bins.  Whatever my friends/workshop attendees don't want, (the rest) will be donated or tossed. 





This area is my sewing area and the entrance up through the garage.

Behind the fan is my basket of slippers for the wintertime.





I thought I'd throw in a picture of where I take photos of my cards and 3D items. 
I've been taking photos of my layouts in a different area of my home lately.

The drawers below hold my older CTMH stamps, most of them retired but ones that I am not yet ready to part with.

I tend to keep all my current/new stamp sets on a little table beside my main workstation.





This is my personal workstation.




You can see the blue Ikea cart where I currently have my CTMH embellishments, clear blocks, ect.

Beside that at the end of the table is a mini table where I have my current CTMH stamps.

The little basket is holding my Picture My Life cards and My Crush Assortments along with some embellishments.

On the far right I have a tower that holds my CTMH ribbons, rub ons, DE chipboard shapes and alphas, brads, ect, with my main tool bag on top.





I keep my CTMH inks and markers in a turning storage tower, my current papers in a cropper hopper, sponges in a jar, and adhesives right in front of me.  My most used tools and pens are in the mug off to the side beside my paper cutter.




Always working on something new.....  ;)



Anyways, I hope you enjoyed a peek at my creative space.


Happy creating!  :)
















13 comments:

Cindy deRosier said...

WOW!!!!!

Jeanie B said...

very cool space! thanks for letting us see the finished room. I especially like your photo table - your pictures of your artwork are always perfect and your artwork is inspiring.

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Just amazing and gorgeous!! I'm sure you have loads of fun creating with or without a gang! It looks very functional and easy to be inspired! As I looked at how tidy and clean, it actually reminds me of your wonderful style of design! Thanks for sharing, Vicki!

teachdanz said...

what a beautiful space to create in - you are blessed :-)

Margaret said...

This is wonderful! I have a nice craft room, but I'd like to have space for people to come over to craft.

Amy Moore said...

You have an amazing space to get crafty! I love that you created lots of storage and have plenty of room for friends to come over!

Omaloriann said...

WOW! What a great room! I can only dream :) Thanks for Sharing.

Cindy C. said...

Awesome!!

KrafTeFraz said...

I love your space.

Unknown said...

Wow, Vicki! Can I move in?

Terri in BC said...

Great ideas! I have a space above my garage that I hope to develop into a craft room someday. It's only a single garage and the roof will have to be raised, but a girl can dream!

Unknown said...

So great to see your space all done and being used so wonderfully! I haven't "staulked" your blog in a whiel but I remember when you were buidling the house and psoting pictures - it was so exciting. LOVE seeing it all done - I bet your girls love to come scrap in this space!

Jann Schott said...

Thank you for sharing your room. I see you are an Ikea fan as well. My entire Playroom as I call my craft room is Ikea furniture, except for the chairs. I've been collecting the furniture for the past 5 years, and finally have a room to put it all into.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin